The Saint Thomas More Society of Worcester County offers an annual scholarship to a law student who has shown academic excellence and commitment to his or her church or diocese.
Scholarship applications will be available from the Vicar General's Office in March 2017. Either call the Office at 508-929-4345 for an application or download one from this webpage. All completed applications and accompanying documentation must be received by the Saint Thomas More Society Law School Scholarship Committee by June 30, 2017.
Instructions for applying for the Saint Thomas More Society Law School Scholarship
1. Applicants shall be limited to members of parishes within the Diocese of Worcester.
2. Applicants must have received a letter of acceptance from an accredited law school, day or evening.
3. Each applicant must arrange to obtain and furnish the following documents which should be submitted to the Selection Committee with the completed application and financial statement:
a) letter of recommendation from the applicant's pastor or priest who has knowledge about the applicant, e.g., college chaplain, etc.;
b) letter from the applicant stating the reasons for applying for the scholarship, including needs and plans for the future;
c) transcript of college grades (and law school grades if any term of law school has been completed);
d) copy of federal income tax return of the applicant and the applicant's parent(s). The latter is not required if the applicant’s parents are not providing financial assistance towards the applicant's law school expenses.
4. In order to receive consideration, all applications and supporting documents outlined above must be received by the Selection Committee by June 30, 2017. If mailed, they should be addressed to:
Saint Thomas More Society
Law School Scholarship Selection Committee
49 Elm Street
Worcester, MA 01609
5. All applications and supporting data will be held confidentially by the Selection Committee.
6. The scholarships are given annually, and applicants must apply each year for consideration for additional scholarship aid.
7. All applicants will be notified by letter in September as to whether or not they have received a scholarship.pdf version of the above instructions