April 24, 2014
Partners in Charity at 60% of goal following Easter weekend April 24, 2014, WORCESTER, MA – The Office of Stewardship and Development for the Diocese of Worcester has announced that the Annual Partners in Charity Appeal has raised 60% of its diocesan goal of $5 million, having raised $3,015,000 as of April 23.
According to Michael Gillespie, director of the Office of Stewardship and Development, they hope to complete the appeal by July. He said, “To do this, we will need the continued support of every parish. What is encouraging is that we continue to see growth in all areas of giving.” For example:
• PRIEST GIVING: 106 priests from our diocese have made a pledge or gift to date with an average gift of $1,603.
• SEMINARIANS: 6 seminarians from our diocese have sent in a personal gift.
• ST. PAUL SOCIETY: 81 St. Paul Society Members have contributed $541,400. The society welcomed 14 new members to date. St. Paul Society members commit to giving a minimum of $5,000 to the appeal annually.
• DONORS: 10,403 donors have contributed as of April 23. More than 9,000 families and individuals who gave in the past have yet to make their pledge or gift.
• NEW DONORS: 650 new donors who have never given to the appeal previously have now responded with $83,998.
• PARISHES: Four parishes have surpassed goal and the majority of the 103 parishes in our diocese are now 60% and higher of their goal.
While many parishes began their campaign in Lent, some will start in the Easter Season. To learn more about what programs are supported by Partners in Charity and to make an online gift, visit www.partners-charity.net.