The Office of the Vicar to Religious strives to keep the Bishop informed about developments within the diocese concerning all forms of consecrated life. The Vicar to Religious functions as the liaison between members of consecrated life and the Bishop and attempts to maintain regular contact with all communities, consecrated virgins and hermits.
The Vicar assists members of the Associations of the Faithful in their efforts to acquire additional canonical status and assists other groups in their attempts to acquire initial canonical recognition.
- To keep the Bishop informed about the development of all forms of consecrated life in the diocese by attending LCWR meetings and other gatherings of religious in this area,
- to have regular contact with the communities of men and women serving within the Diocese of Worcester,
- to assist members of the Associations of the Faithful,
- to assist those desiring to return to a religious community after a hiatus of many years,
- to serve as an initial interviewer on the Pastoral Care Committee and to serve on various committees in the Diocese of Worcester,
- to provide a pastoral presence to all members of consecrated life in the Diocese of Worcester,
- to visit those religious who are hospitalized or residing in long term care facilities,
- to coordinate the yearly collection for the sick and frail elderly religious.